Workshops lasting 3 to 5 days build the knowledge, skills and confidence of participants to make highly effective use of the training kits and ‘Bridges methodology’. The training materials are tailored for the specific needs, issues and context of organisations and the groups they work with.
Facilitator Certification & Accreditation
Participants who demonstrate commitment and competence in applying what they have learnt may be awarded:
- Certification as a Facilitator of the Bridges of Hope programme. (See List of Certified Bridges of Hope Facilitators and Master Trainers)
- (Optional) Accreditation against a SAQA(South African Qualifications Authority) / ETDP-SETA Peer Education Unit Standard (See list of those Accredited)
Examples and Testimonials
See this video showing various practice sessions during Bridges of Hope Facilitator Training Workshops.
Co-ordinated a program to supply 1,000 Bridges of Hope kits and train Master Trainers and Peer Educators from universities, businesses, prisons and communities throughout South Africa to make most effective use of the kits.
- Participants has fun and games while at the same time undergoing life-changing experiences – Dawne Jackson, Wellness Co-ordinator, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, South Africa
- I have been in this field for over 10 years and this I regard as the best of all the training in the market. It is practical and very implementable. The trainees were so eager to put what they learned into practice – Oageng Moiloa, Health & Wellness Officer, Eskom
- Bridges of Hope is user friendly and can be adapted to any life situation or setting and can be used at any level within the organisation. It has been a life changing experience – Linda Peter, Manager Employee Wellness Services, Road Accident Fund
- The fantastic Bridges of Hope Training Programme – Professor David Dickinson, Department of Sociology, Wits University, South Africa
Created a Standard Bank Group tailored Bridges of Hope Wellness and HIV-related toolkit and ran training programs in 14 different African countries for staff Peer Educators (Wellness Champions) to use the toolkit both at their workplace and in their communities. This programme won:
- Global Business Coalition Workplace Award
- AfriComNet Award for Excellence in HIV and AIDS Communication in Africa (Best community/ interpersonal strategy, campaign or tool)
Zambia LPCB (Local Partners Capacity Building)
With Zambia LPCB (Local Partners Capacity Building) tailored the Bridges of Hope kit and trained people from 18 partner organizations to use the materials.
- There is absolutely no way that can describe how amazing the Bridges of Hope tool is and the changes it has made and is still making in a lot of people’s lives. The activities are very participatory and can be used in so many ways. They can break down very complicated explanations to convey a message to participants in a way that is clear and unforgettable – Prosperine Zulu, Anti AIDS Association, Zambia
- The illiterate are not exposed by the activities. They can participate fully without anyone knowing they are illiterate – Zukiswa Lobola, Bridges of Hope Master Trainer